Helping clients navigate the digital world. Enabling digital transformation. Engaging employees to drive technology adoption.
Moving Businesses Forward
AQUAS has the talent and expertise to provide Project Management best practices to meet our clients’ objectives. We select the appropriate methodology based on the project needs and expectations. Agile frameworks like Scrum, eXtreme Programming (XP), and Rapid Application Development (RAD) are a great fit for IT development and implementation projects, while Lean and Six Sigma are best fitted for continuous process improvement projects.
Experience That Makes a Difference
AQUAS staff has consistently and successfully identified tasks that meet organizational objectives, milestones, and deliverable schedules. Many of our project managers have obtained a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI). We have supported Project Management Offices (PMO) and established PMOs.
We have successfully deployed project managers to assist with the following needs:
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of process improvements to expand customer focus and satisfaction
- Identify tasks to meet organizational objectives, milestones, and deliverable schedules
- Track project deadlines, prepared necessary project updates, reports and presentations
- Preform independent quality assurance audits and reviews
- Foster collaboration and coordination between cross-functional areas
- Develop strategies and identify risks associated with audit findings
- Inform relevant participants of quality internal audit of consultative project procedures, results, and conclusions
- Provide guidance for the institutionalization of ISO 9001: 2000 standards to facilitate continuous process improvement and performance measurement and management
AQUAS worked with the Defense Travel Systems (DTS) at the U.S. Department of Defense, Business Transformation Agency (BTA), to conduct a feasibility study and recommendations for process improvement and process management. Existing procedures, staff roles and responsibilities, and communications modes were examined, and a series of process interviews were conducted. Past strategic plans and management styles were examined, and organizational dependencies were identified and documented.
AQUAS supported an information assurance contract for the United States Coast Guard Telecommunications and Information Systems Command (TISCOM), and developed a concept of operations for the tracking and reporting of Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) compliance in support of the Federal Information Systems Management Act (FISMA).
Partner With AQUAS
Contact us to find out how AQUAS can present a personalized solution to support your business and strategic needs.